Rochelle Breier's practice focuses on commercial litigation, mass tort litigation and electronic discovery. Her experience consists of matters involving breach of contract, products liability, insurance coverage, employee classification issues, federal and state class action defense, compliance issues, and several mass tort cases with an emphasis on pharmaceutical and medical device claims.
Mass Tort Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment for heavy machinery manufacturer in a breach of contract case in which the Plaintiff alleged $20 million in damages;
- Managed discovery team on behalf of employer in a class action involving proper classification of independent contractors;
- Counsels private academic secondary school on compliance issues with regard to various state and federal statutes;
- Prepares client company witnesses for cross-examination in deposition and trial testimony;
- Handles application proceedings before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission;
- Represents major tool manufacturer in product liability cases;
- Represents clients in insurance coverage matters.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in products liability cases alleging injuries sustained from a gadolinium-based MRI contrast agent;
- Represented pharmaceutical company in cases alleging injuries sustained from a surgical medication used to reduce bleeding during surgery;
- Represented chemical manufacturer in chemical exposure personal injury suits;
- Represented combination aspirin manufacturer in consumer fraud lawsuits;
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases alleging injuries sustained from a hormonal intrauterine device;
- Represents pharmaceutical company in litigation involving thousands of plaintiffs alleging injuries sustained from an oral contraceptive;
- Managed oversight of document collection in several mass tort cases. These projects involved hundreds of on-site interviews of company employees, including sales representatives and employees in the research and development, marketing, public relations, human resources and regulatory departments and the collection and compilation of numerous company databases for production.
- Counseled clients on issues relating to the preservation, collection, review and production of electronic evidence, both in the litigation context and as part of proactive business planning including counseling on the design and implementation of systems and processes to ensure compliance with obligations arising from actual or threatened litigation while controlling costs;
- Designed, implemented and managed large scale document production projects, including projects with over two hundred attorneys analyzing and preparing millions of physical and electronic documents and numerous databases for litigation production. Managed hundreds of contract attorneys reviewing documents for production and responsible for meeting monthly, weekly and daily production deadlines.
Litigation Management Online
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2004, cum laude, Staff Member, Duquesne Law Review
B.A., Duquesne University, 2002, cum laude
Allegheny County Bar Association
Back to Top