SunTrust Center, Suite 1300
919 East Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Tom Lisk focuses his practice on regulatory matters before agencies, boards and commissions of the Commonwealth of Virginia including the State Corporation Commission. In addition, he is a registered lobbyist in Virginia, providing legislative representation of business interests and trade associations before the Virginia General Assembly since 1980.
He previously served as chairman of the Industry Advisory Panel to the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board during its regulatory review process and as a member of the Industry Task Force to the Virginia Code Commission when the General Assembly last recodified the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act.
- Represents clients in matters relating to beverage alcohol regulation, anti-trust, election law, franchise, gaming and lottery, health care, insurance, internet regulation, professional and occupational regulation and issues related to privatization of governmental services.
J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law, 1985
B.A., Washington & Lee University, cum laude, 1980
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar: Member, Administrative Law Section
Virginia Bar Association, Former Chair, Administrative Law Council
Virginia State Bar; Member, Administrative Law Section
Virginia Administrative Law Advisory Committee
Member of the Editorial Board of the Virginia ABC Board’s Licensee Newsletter
American Bar Association: Member, Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice Section and it’s Committee on Beverage Alcohol Practice; Member, Business Law Section and its Government Affairs Practice Committee.
National Association of Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Attorneys (NAABLA)
Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys and Consultants (AAIAC)
Founding director and past national chair of State Law Resources, Inc., a national network of independent law firms selected for their experience in administrative, regulatory and government relations at the state level.
Arts Council of Richmond, Past Chair
Fan District Association
Hand Workshop Arts Center, Past Chair
Monument Avenue Preservation Society
Richmond Business Council, Past Chair
Richmond Sister Cities Commission, Past Chair
Sister Cities International, Board Member
City of Richmond, Mayor’s Tourism Commission, Member
Selected by Virginia Lawyers Weekly as one of the ‘Leaders in the Law’ for 2015
Selected for inclusion as one of the Best Lawyers' 2015 Richmond Administrative/Regulatory Law and Gaming Law “Lawyer of the Year"
Selected for inclusion as one of the Best Lawyers' 2013 Richmond Gaming Law “Lawyer of the Year"
Selected for inclusion as one of the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Richmond Government Relations Practice "Lawyer of the Year”
Selected for inclusion in Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” for Legislative/Regulatory/Administrative law
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
Selected for inclusion in Virginia Super Lawyers for Administrative Law
Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- “Demystifying Lobbying: Opportunities and Pitfalls for Business Lawyers,” a panel discussion at the ABA Business Law Section 2013 Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C, April 2013.
- “Sister Cities International: Citizen Diplomacy for a New Millennium,” Moderator of a panel discussion at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, May 16, 2012.
- "What to Expect in the 2012 Session of the Virginia General Assembly," presentation made at the 17th Annual Administrative Law Conference hosted by the Virginia Bar Association, November 2011.
- "ABC Privatization” speaker at the Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys and Consultants in Los Angeles, January 15, 2011.
- Moderator of ABC Privatization Panel at the National Association of Licensing & Compliance Professionals' (NALCP) 5th Annual Conference, September 2010.
- “Behold, the nanobrewery,” quoted, Richmond BizSense, November 2011.
Back to Top