Eckert Seamans provides immigration related services to employers. The Immigration Group assists employers with structuring hiring programs and managing immigration matters, including large caseloads, in order to enable employers to compete more effectively in the global marketplace for the best professional talent. The Immigration Group focuses on providing strategic immigration planning, analysis and solutions that respond to the specific needs of our clients.
We help employers maneuver through complex and nuanced immigration laws and regulations, and navigate through the multitude of procedures of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of Labor, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in connection with the employment of foreign individuals.
Our services include providing advice on:
- Securing employment-based temporary visas, including H-1B specialty occupation visas.
- L-1 visas for cross border intra-company transfer of key personnel.
- E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader/Treaty Investors nonimmigrant visas.
- J-1 waivers, nonimmigrant, and immigrant visa matters for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- TN visas for Canadian and Mexican professionals.
- O and P visas for internationally renowned business leaders, athletes and artists.
- Permanent Residence through corporate sponsorship.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor visas.
- Compliance with federal immigration and labor laws affecting the employment of foreign nationals.
In addition, we assist employers with I-9 and related compliance matters, including employer verification policies, I-9 related policies and procedures, in-house training sessions and internal audits; provide counsel and defense to businesses involved in government audits and raids; and we regularly perform immigration-related due diligence for merger and acquisition matters.
Our immigration attorneys work closely with the firm’s other practice groups in order to provide comprehensive representation to meet all of our clients’ legal needs.
New Pennsylvania Law Requires E-Verify for Public Works Contractors
Recent Changes to E Visa Processing in Mexico
Major Change in US Immigration Policy
Immigration Attorney Kate Moore Joins Eckert Seamans
Christopher M. Klein Joins Eckert Seamans’ Immigration Practice