Eckert Seamans regularly advises clients on issues related to the privacy and security of health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) .including compliance with the requirements of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
Our attorneys routinely design and implement HIPAA compliance plans and also provide the following specific services:
- Audits of HIPAA compliance for covered entities and business associates;
- Provide, review and negotiate business associate agreements and other HIPAA-compliant contracts for health care providers and group health plans, as well as business associates, subcontractors, and agents of such covered entities;
- Preparation of HIPAA compliant security and privacy policies and procedures;
- Service on an ongoing basis as HIPAA compliance counsel;
- Breach assessment and notification policies, procedures and counseling, including risk assessment and documentation;
- Advice on state privacy law compliance related to health care information;
- Workforce training.
Our clients include hospitals, physician organizations, long-term care facilities, educational institutions, software providers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, self-insured group health plans sponsored by employers, welfare benefit funds, and governmental plans.
Sandra R. Mihok
Sarah L. Carlins
View All Attorneys in
Newly Issued HHS Regulations and Audit Protocol Signal the Importance of Updating HIPAA Compliance Programs