Member, Chair of the Corporate and Financial Transaction Group
|600 Grant Street|
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Lou Moraytis is experienced in a broad range of business law matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings. Lou works primarily with private companies and provides day-to-day counseling and assistance to such clients, essentially in the nature of an outside general counsel.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Lou served for six years as an officer in the Civil Engineer Corps of the U.S. Navy, where his responsibilities included project and construction management in the United States and Europe. After fulfilling his active duty military service obligations, he spent five years as an engineer and supervisor in the Project Management Department of Exxon Research and Engineering Company, where his responsibilities included providing contracting services to Exxon's worldwide affiliates for the engineering and construction of major capital projects.
At Eckert Seamans, Lou has served in a number of management and administrative roles, and currently is the Chairperson of the Corporate and Financial Transactions Group.
- Representation of the borrower group in a $900 million syndicated debt financing (revolving credit and term loan facilities) and follow up real estate divestitures;
- Representation of entity in the sale/leaseback of $250 million in real estate and follow-on real estate swaps to replace closed facilities with operating properties;
- Representation of the purchaser in its various multi-million dollar acquisitions from public companies to provide services and equipment to cable television and broadband service providers;
- Representation of the owners of a laboratory testing service business and a land survey business in their $15 million sale to a financial buyer and their minority equity participation in the buyer;
- Counsel to a start-up medical device company in the process of developing and marketing devices for the delivery of hypothermic chemotherapy to cancer patients;
- Representation of the sellers of a welded steel-bar grating manufacturer with operations in the United States and Canada in the $25 million sale of the business to a Canadian public company and its U.S. affiliate;
- Representation of the borrower in a $300 million syndicated debt financing (revolving credit and term loan facilities);
- Representation of the lenders in numerous middle market term loan and revolving credit facilities;
- Counsel to various firm clients engaged in manufacturing, retail sales, wholesale sales and distribution, construction, medical and dental services, as well as real estate operations;
- Representation of the borrower in a $50 million syndicated revolving credit financing; and
- Representation of the owners of a manufacturer and servicer of instruments for the measurement of thermal expansion, thermal conductivity, thermal diffusing and specific heat capacity properties in the $11 million sale to a U.S. public company.
Corporate and Financial Transactions
Mergers and Acquisitions
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1981
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Bucknell University, 1969, magna cum laude
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
Active in local charitable and social organizations.